CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A New View on Blessings...

Blessings...We all have countless blessings. God is SO good to us, and gives us so many blessings that we couldn't count them all no matter how hard we tried. I don't know about you, but I have always thought of blessings as something that God "gave" someone. Recently I have noticed that it can also be the opposite...sometimes God can take something away and it can be a blessing. I just hadn't thought of that before and it has been fun to realize that it can go either way. I guess it all depends on your perspective on the situation as well.

The main thing that got me started thinking about this was that last night we lost our electricity around 8:30 and it did not come back on until this morning. Normally I would have been frustrated by this, but last night I actually enjoyed it. I was playing guitar in my room when the lights all of a sudden went out. I walked out of my room and told my roommates that we should sing together in the dark. We proceeded to sing around the "campfire" a.k.a. flashlight for quite awhile. It was a really neat time of worshiping God together. We all agreed that we need to do it more often. If we had not lost our electricity we would never have done that last night. What a blessing to lose power right then and for so long. Thanks God!

I pray that God would open our eyes to see more of the many blessings He brings into our lives each and every day!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

when did you start playing guitar?
am i just way behind the times?