I haven't updated since I've been home for the summer. I guess I figured you guys wouldn't want to read much about life here, especially since I don't have much to write about anyways. I worked at Veada where my dad works. Today was my last day!! :) When I wasn't working, I tried to find time to see all my friends and family that I never get to see. A highlight of my summer was going to Oklahoma to visit Laura and Johann. I had such a fun time with them! I have a week left in the states, and I am ready to head back to the DR. I'll be flying out on August 4th, so if you think of me, you can pray for me.
Something interesting happened to me just the other day that made me laugh. I was sitting upstairs on the "roof" at the Nelson's Chicken building at the fair with my friend, eating some yummy chicken. The floor up there is nice and sturdy, it's not going to fall or anything, but when people walk around, it jiggles a little bit. Well, every time this happened, I almost freaked out. It felt just like an earthquake to me! I knew it wasn't, but still every time it happened my brain kicked into gear starting to decide what action I should take. Needless to say, I was glad to go back downstairs to solid ground as soon as we were done eating. Haha!
Next time I write it will be from the DR! Until then, goodbye friends!

0 comments:
Post a Comment