CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Highs and Lows...

Recently I've experienced some highs and lows. I will share a little bit about them with you.


High: My birthday. I had a wonderful day filled with hugs and smiles and people making me feel extra special. It was a great day! I couldn't have planned it any better.

High: Women's Retreat. This past weekend I went to a women's retreat in Jarabacoa, which is a small town about an hour away from Santiago. It is in the mountains, it's cooler, and it's just very different than being in town. It was nice to get away for the weekend and spend time with other women studying God's word and learning a lot from Him and from each other.

High: I'm totally better, in case I haven't said that on here yet and in case any of you were still wondering if I'm ok. I'm ok. No more dizziness. Yay! I'm normal (in one sense of the word anyways.) :)

Low: My students are crazier than ever! This is frustrating in so many ways. I don't know what to do anymore. But tomorrow is the start of a new plan, and hopefully the turning over of a new leaf behavior wise in my classroom. I made a bulletin board that says, "2A Makes Miss Metzler Smile" and each student has a smiley face with their name on it. I am going to try to catch them doing something good and when I do, they will get a sticker to put on their smiley face. Then of course, when they reach the goal they will get a prize. I'm hoping to make the kids who usually don't do what they are supposed to do so jealous of all the kids that have so many stickers on their smiley faces that they will start doing what they're supposed to do and obey me more often. We'll see if it works.

Low: Life is busy. It seems like there is just not time in the day to finish everything that has to get done and still have a good chunk of time for some things that I want to get done or enjoy doing. Hmm...working on that one. Balance is key.

That's it for now. I hope you are enjoying the journey through your highs and lows. (Yes, you can even enjoy life through the lows if you rely on God for your strength daily...something I am learning to do.) Until next time...goodbye! :)

0 comments: