Hello everyone!
I have had internet in my apartment for awhile now, but I haven't had time to update my blog and bring you all up to date on my adventures and experiences in my time here in the DR so far. Until today! Today school is canceled because of the hurricane. The funny thing is that it is a gorgeous day! It's hot and sunny and beautiful! It's supposed to be stormy later, but it's nice right now. We're all relaxing and enjoying a day off of school.
I guess I'll start at the very beginning...a very good place to start. :)
I have two roommates - Robin and Mindy. We are getting along great, and they are such a blessing to me! I'm so thankful for both of them. We don't really have a good picture of us yet...I will post one later when we do.
Our apartment is great. We love it! It's so much nicer than I had expected, even though I don't really know what I expected. It's very roomy and cheery. Here are some pictures...

Our apartment building: Residencial Hortensia 1.
Our apartment is the 3rd floor on the right.
Our front door...yes, I live in jail. Haha!
Our borrowed couch.
(Our walls are a nice pastel yellow, which makes it very cheery and happy.)
Our borrowed plastic chairs. This room and the room with the couch are connected.
It's one big living room/dining room area.
Our hallway.
(In this picture, the couch is to the left and the chairs are to the right.)


Our kitchen.

My bedroom...no sheets on the bed yet because we had just walked in the door!
Our apartment is the 3rd floor on the right.
Our front door...yes, I live in jail. Haha!(Our walls are a nice pastel yellow, which makes it very cheery and happy.)
Our borrowed plastic chairs. This room and the room with the couch are connected.It's one big living room/dining room area.
Our hallway.(In this picture, the couch is to the left and the chairs are to the right.)


Our kitchen.
My bedroom...no sheets on the bed yet because we had just walked in the door!
The view out of my window. This house alarm goes off almost every morning at 6:15.
The view out our front window...Bob and Janna's apartment...two people we love a lot!
They have done so much to welcome us and to make our arrival here easier.
He is the spiritual life coordinator at the school.
Our hotel at the beach.
Dinner on the beach. Mindy (roommate), Corrie, and me.Well, I think that is enough for now. It took me a long time because it is the first time I have added pictures. I'll have to tell stories of my adventures later. For now I'll just say that I'm loving it here, things are going well at school, and God is good! :)





3 comments:
Thanks for posting the pictures. Your apartment is awesome. I’m a little jealous of all the nice “warm” weather you will be having this winter. (I will be thinking about you as I’m scraping snow and ice off my car.) I do have a few questions about your pictures:
1. Do you have a shower curtain in your bathroom? In your picture I didn’t see a bar that you could hang one on. ( I know I think of the strangest things)
2. Is it your house alarm that goes off every morning or the house you see from your bedroom window?
3. How far away is the beach?
Okay, enough questions. Glad your loving it there.
thank you for the update! i love seeing the pictures of what you are doing and the weather looks amazing... you are so tan!!! our trees have already started to mostly turn yellow and we had frost the other night. how did we end up in such different places? Miss you!
Tina,
I love your questions! Here are the answers:
1. Yes, we have a shower curtain in the bathroom. We took these pictures the night we got here and we didn't have one then, but we bought a bar and a curtain and put it up as soon as we could because water sprayed everywhere when we took showers. Haha!
2. The house I see from my bedroom window is the alarm that goes off every morning. Who knows why?!
3. The beach is about 1.5-2 hours away. At least the one we went to the other weekend was. I'm not sure if that's the closest one or what.
4. If you have more questions...please ask them! I love it! :)
Post a Comment